Monday, May 16, 2011

"Not First Post" boredom rant

So I'm sitting here after just working out (Starting Strength is good) and I really don't know what to do. I'm listening to the Star Trek theme from the newest movie (best theme ever, by the way, excluding John Williams) With AP testing over with, I don't have a whole lot to do. I'm trying to download Portal 2 from Steam, but unfortunately the verification keeps on failing, and my internet is really slow.....

As an example of my boredom, today I went to school, sat in Calculus with 3 other people because the seniors were on a class trip. Then I went to English and took pictures with a D400, but unfortunately it's not mine: it's borrowed. Then, I went to History and listened to an 89 year old speak.

I got home, got my mom a birthday gift, worked out, read grapes of wrath, played three ladder games (Won TvP, TvT, lost TvZ) and sat at the computer doing nothing for approximately two hours, looking up internet.

Which brings me onto an entirely different point. Although I live in a city which is home to the corporate headquarters of AT&T and Comcast, all of the internet is absurdly expensive. I spend like 25/month for .6mbps download, .3 upload. Now, my parents think this is fast. Unfortunately, it's really awfully slow :P (like you didn't know that)

The only thing I have left to do for school, besides study for calc (tt) is to do a quick video presentation with pictures I took from a "Gatsby Memorial" we did in English. I have a bunch of pictures, and now I need to put them into a video with some video and audio clips. And maybe some effects.

I'll get that done tomorrow.

I've also been looking into mice and keyboards. I'm primarily looking at kinzu and mx518, and some sort of mechanical keyboard (or Qsenn depending on how much I want to spend) But I can't seem to get my hands onto anything. Although I certainly want to have a mechanical keyboard, I dont' want to get one if I haven't used one at all.

Right now my grades aren't the best. I have 2 As, 4 Bs. :/ Which leaves me at a 4.4 GPA, which leaves my cumulative at like 4.02. :/ Really need to dig down and drag some of those up. And my calculus grade is low, still with a final coming up.

Well, I was going to write some sort of interesting first blog post today, but alas I couldn't think of anything.

But think of this is a precursor. But I'd better get to sleep. As my mom said yesterday "I won't tell you what I want to do, because if I did what I wanted to do there would be a homicide investigation." Yeah, thanks a lot.

(Let's try and avoid a dead froadac.)

So, how should I get focused, motivated, and have things to do >.>

No comments:

Post a Comment